Ok…so I have had the S400 Cannon Elph camera for a couple of years and have been pleased with its performance…aside from trying to take pictures of action sports like skateboarding or surfing…the shutter speed was just too slow.
Then…right after my Indo Surf Charter it stopped working. It would read “Memory Card Error” all the time. I tried taking out the battery…buying a new memory card..nothing worked.
Well, I just spent an hour online looking at forums and I figured out how to fix the S400 Memory Card Error on my Cannon Elph in 8 steps.
1. Take out memory card
2. Press and hold the “menu” button until it prompts you to “reset factory default”?
3. Hit the set button to reset the factory defaults on your Elph
4. Insert memory card into a card reader on your computer
5. Go to “My Computer”
6. Right click on memory card (Lexar Media for me)
7. Format Card (this will erase everything!)
8. Insert memory and battery back into camera…
Following these steps fixed the S400 Memory Card Error my camera has been experiencing on and off for almost a year. My digital camera is now taking EPIC pictures again…we’ll try today at Travis and Ellies wedding….nice…Wedding Photography to test out the fix!