So here it is: The Laguna Cliffs Marriott Guest Satisfaction Survey. This only my opinion, you should come to your own decision, but here is my view on this place.
Property Name: Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa
Thank you for participating in our Guest Satisfaction Survey!
Please answer each of the survey questions referring to your stay at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, beginning January 20, 2006.
Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa
We are interested in how satisfied you were with your experience beginning January 20, 2006 at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa.
1. Overall, how would you rate your stay?
I would rate the Overall Stay at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott as POOR.
2. If in this area again, how likely will you be to stay at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa rather than other hotels in the area?
The likely hood of me visiting the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort and Spa is slim to none. Actually, there is no way I would go back.
3. Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa overall is a horrible hotel that rooks you for every dime they can get.
4. The physical condition of Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa is nice and clean and cheap looking. The place reminded Summer of a off the strip las vegas casino trying too hard.
5. The staff service overall at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa is friendly..but only care about making the Hotel money.
6.How will your stay at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa influence your likelihood to stay at other Marriott hotels in the future?
Marriott probably trains their employees to be closers…I’ll stay away from Marriotts from now on.
7. Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa’s facilities, services and staff helped me to accomplish my purpose for traveling.
My only reason to travel 40 minutes north of San Diego where I live was to have a relaxing anniversary in downtown Laguna Beach with my girlfriend. The sales person/reservation prevented me from accomplishing my purpose of traveling.
8. Laguna Cliffs Marriott Arrival experience: My arrival experience went something like this. “Hey, this isn’t in Laguna Beach! What? $22 to self park and you have signs all over the street saying “No Hotel Parking. Violators will be towed” This place is a rip-off, but I’ll make the best of it. What? I can’t check into my room until 4:00pm? I can’t even have a room that costs $350 for a full 24 hours…huh, you’ll charge me for an extra day if I am not out of my room by 11:00am?” I actually thought, upon arrival at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott, my arrival experience really couldnt get much worse!
9. Feeling of security at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott: Yeah, I felt secure, but I felt like it was locked down for the guests too…not just the criminals.
10.Restaurant dining experience at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott: The restaraunt had a cheap casino look and feel. It was themed “cruise ship” with brass railings and thick rope all over the place. The food was as good as Denny’s, just priced a bit higher.
11. In-room dining service Laguna Cliffs Marriott: We didnt order room service, the room was pretty weak…everything on the menue was overpriced like most room service along with a 20% service charge. The menu was not very appealing either.
12. The staff made me feel welcome throughout my stay at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott : I was upset with the staff, as they mislead me from the start. I saw the employees of the hotel pawns in the big hotel chain game of, TAKE MY MONEY.
The staff treated me as a valued customer with an American Express Card with a $50,000 limit with good credit history.
13. The staff went the extra mile in providing assistance spending my money at a sub-par hotel in Dana Point, not Laguna Beach like they indicated to me on the telephone.
14. Everthing in the room was in working order especially the Movies on Demand channel. The only problem was that it didn’t tell you how much the Pay Per View Movie was until you hit purchase. I spent $13 on The 40 Year Old Virgin…but didnt know it until I hit the buy button..then I saw a button saying I couldn’t pause the movie or rewatch it later on that day.
15. The staff was knowledgeable about the local area: I feel like I am repeating myself here…the staff told me the Laguna Cliffs Resort and Spa was in Laguna Beach.
16. The staff was knowledgeable about the hotel:
“Well Sir, if you go that way we’ll charge your credit card, If you go that way we’ll charge you cash and if you sleep on the left side of your bed there will be a surcharge to your room charge…we’ll put it on your American Express Card.
The hotel enabled me to relax and enjoy my stay : But not until I put on my girlfriends panties and ran out to the Jacuzzi with her after hours.
Did you experience any problems with Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa during this stay?
Yes, it was not in Laguna Beach, it was in Dana Point.
17. Problems Experienced at the Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa:
Please describe the problem(s) you experienced during this stay.
I was told by reservations it was in Laguna Beach. It was a $25 taxi ride to Laguna Beach. I was charged for parking and was not made aware of before my stay so I felt railroaded. Check in is not until 4:00pm and was not told. I was given a hard time about getting there early by the front desk.
18. How many times did you need to speak with someone before the problem was resolved? (If you experienced more than one problem, select the most severe problem with regard to this question.)
The problem was never resolved, I had a horrible experience.
19. Please indicate how well Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa resolved this problem in regard to your expectations?
My problem was not resolved.
20. What was the purpose of your trip?
This was a liesure trip set up for my anniversary.
21. How many nights did you spend in a hotel in the last twelve months for business or leisure?
22. Are you male or female?
23. Hotel Choice Were you involved in the decision to choose Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa for this particular stay?
24. Do you have any additional comments?
Unfortunately, because I was mislead by the reservation counter when placing the reservation and feeling railroaded by the non-disclosed fee’s, I will not be returning to a Marriott and will not be booking at a Marriott for my company.
So there it is…the almost complete survey I filled out for the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Spa and Resort. Good luck with you Southern California Hotel stay.